< All opportunities
Senior Full Stack EngineerApply now
Pendulum is a venture-backed, seed-stage startup that empowers companies and governments to detect, deter, and counteract the impacts of harmful online narratives with machine learning enabled tools. We are currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Developer who can help drive the efforts to develop our future web portal. As part of this team, you will work as tech leader and subject matter expert to lead development of scalable and robust end user experience.
We firmly believe that the best teams put diversity and inclusion first when hiring and operating. At Pendulum this is paramount. Our mission of fighting against the impacts of harmful narratives and the underlying analysis narratives, claims, and communities in our society demands diversity of thought at all levels within our team. As such, prioritizing diversity and inclusion are core to first principles and requirements for working at Pendulum.
What You'll Do
- Complex web application engineering: To build these interfaces, we need to solve the meta-problem: how do we architect our software to unlock our data’s value across multiple domains.
- Ship commercial solutions: Our users have a huge job to do, at massive scale. So, we need to build tremendous, powerful software that just works.
- ML and Security, in real life: Data and ML is at the core of what we do, and we are operationalizing it so our security teams and our customers can unlock its power. Doing so requires versatile, yet opinionated products - which require versatile, but opinionated engineers.
What You've Done
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: You have worked at early stage startup(s) and companies and have helped build products from the ground up.
- Strong industry experience: of software industry experience, showing a steady upward career progression in the art of Software Engineering.
- Complex architectures: You’ve designed, implemented, and maintained platforms, engines, or frameworks that others have consumed. You’ve delivered APIs consumed by modern web applications, and you understand the complexities and nuances microservices and databases.
- Cloud Experience: you have deep experience deploying apps and services to the cloud (AWS or otherwise), and maintaining and evolving them.
- Modern Framework expertise: You've used React, Vue, Angular or a similar framework to build complex interactive UIs.
- Data Visualization: You've built interactive and engaging data visualization components.
- Modern backend expertise: You've built backend services and systems with languages like Python, Rust, or Go, and you understand the complexities and nuances of CRUD, Graph API, and microservices.
- CS fundamentals: You have earned at least a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
What We Offer
- Work with talented engineers: You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in their fields in multiple domains.
- Increase your skill set: Grow as an engineer by working with emerging technologies, in a high demand industry segment.
- Drive Product Direction: Work for a company that encourages input from all levels to help shape the final product.
Thank for applying.
Your form submission was successful.
An error occurred while submitting the form.
Please try again.