< All opportunities
Senior Data Scientist (Computer Vision / Machine Learning)Apply now
Pendulum empowers companies and governments to disrupt the threat that harmful narratives pose on society every day through narrative-based intelligence. As a venture-backed startup, we fight to create a powerful solution for our customers while tackling one of society’s biggest problems. We are a team deeply inspired by mission, motivated by solving hard technical problems, and obsessed with our customers. If our mission and these values resonate with you, then apply today to join our fight against harmful narratives.
About the Position
We are extending our narrative tracking capabilities to better monitor the spread of harmful narratives through the analysis and classification of video and image content on a variety of social media platforms. As part of this team, you will play a key role in helping develop machine vision and multi-model models and methods that leverage the latest progress in machine vision at scale in order to enable this.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At Pendulum, diversity and inclusion is one of our core values and at the forefront of hiring and day-to-day operations. Diverse teams are the strongest teams because the plurality of experiences informs our decision making and thought process. Our mission of fighting against the impacts of harmful narratives and the underlying analysis, claims, and communities in our society demands diversity of thought at all levels in our team. As such, prioritizing equitable conditions are key to our requirements for hiring at Pendulum.
What You'll Do
- Use machine learning, machine vision, and multi-modal techniques to create novel approaches for identifying video and image content associated with harmful narratives.
- Collaborating with other data scientists and engineers to design and code highly scalable machine learning applications that process large volumes of data.
- Contributing to new research, data science, and engineering processes and systems that will allow the team and company to scale in the future.
- Developing technology behind features that will make possible for private and public organizations to track and better understand societally important harmful narratives.
What You've Done
- BS or advanced degree (MS or PhD preferred) in machine learning, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related technical field or equivalent professional experiences.
- Experience in researching, implementing, training, and testing advanced machine learning or computer vision models.
- Deep understanding of core computer vision algorithms, tasks, model architectures, and open-source resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL relational databases and NoSQL databases, along with strong data analysis, manipulation, and cleaning skills.
- You’ve built out machine learning projects on cloud platforms.
What We Offer
- Work with talented engineers and data scientists: You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in their fields in multiple domains.
- Increase your skill set: Grow as a data scientist by working with emerging technologies, in a high demand industry segment.
- Drive product direction: Work for a company that encourages input from all levels to help shape the final product.
- Experience working at a SaaS company in which mission focus is on tackling topical and societal harms.
- Learn from industry and government experts who value initiative and encourage innovation.
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and two additional holidays off of the employee’s choice.
- 100% employer paid premium (for employee and 50% for dependents) with a low-deductible plan.
- Remote and telework setups for employees (post-COVID).
Thank for applying.
Your form submission was successful.
An error occurred while submitting the form.
Please try again.