< All opportunities
Data/ML EngineerApply now
Pendulum empowers companies to uncover and mitigate threats that harmful narratives pose for their brand, executives, and reputation through narrative-based intelligence. As a venture-backed startup, we create solutions for our customers while tackling industry’s and society’s biggest problem about misinformation and disinformation. We are focused on mission, motivated by solving technical problems, and obsessed with our users. If our mission and these values resonate with you, please apply to join our fight against harmful narratives.
About the Position
We are developing our core data and ML platform to empower our customers to define and track narratives and social media discussions that are relevant to their business. As part of this team, you will play a key role in helping develop and build scalable and robust data pipeline workflows and machine learning infrastructure.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At Pendulum, diversity and inclusion is one of our core values and at the forefront of hiring and day-to-day operations. Diverse teams are the strongest teams because the plurality of experiences informs our decision making and thought process. Our mission of fighting against the impacts of harmful narratives and the underlying analysis, claims, and communities in our society demands diversity of thought at all levels in our team. As such, prioritizing equitable conditions are key to our requirements for hiring at Pendulum.
What You'll Do
- Learn our tech stack: We plan to provide adequate runway and mentorship to help you learn the key technologies (namely AWS services like Step Functions, Athena, Glue and DynamoDB, AirFlow, SageMaker) and programming languages (primarily python and pyspark).
- Build and manage data pipelines: Help implement the key parts of the data pipeline that are instrumental in extracting data from various social media services and consolidating into our platform.
- Ship commercial solutions: Ensuring that we are actively monitoring, maintaining and securing our data pipelines is critical for the success of our customers. You will be helping define key metrics and alerts to help effectively monitor our services.
- ML and Security, in real life: Data and ML is at the core of what we do, and we are operationalizing it so our customers can unlock its power. Doing so requires versatile, yet opinionated products - which require versatile, but opinionated engineers.
What You've Done
- CS fundamentals: You have proven foundations of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Cloud Experience: You have experience deploying apps and services to the cloud (AWS or otherwise), and maintaining and evolving them.
- Familiarity with Big Data and ML Frameworks: You’ve basic understanding of BigData Services/pipelines and ideally some experience with building and managing data workflows in tools like Apache Airflow. Additionally, you have experience in deploying and managing ML models in production.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse: You have foundational understanding of what data warehouses are and how they differ from traditional relational or nosql databases.
- Modern backend expertise: You've built backend services and systems with languages like Python, Rust, or Go, and you understand the complexities and nuances of CRUD, Graph API, and microservices.
What We Offer
- Work with talented engineers: You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in their fields in multiple domains.
- Increase your skill set: Grow as an engineer by working with emerging technologies, in a high demand industry segment.
- Drive product direction: Work for a company that encourages input from all levels to help shape the final product.
- Experience working at a SaaS company in which mission focus is on tackling topical and societal harms.
- Learn from industry and government experts who value initiative and encourage innovation.
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and two additional holidays off of the employee’s choice.
- 100% employer paid premium (for employee and 50% for dependents) with a low-deductible plan.
- Remote and telework setups for employees (post-COVID).
Thank for applying.
Your form submission was successful.
An error occurred while submitting the form.
Please try again.